Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Killswitch Engage-Disarm The Descent

 
Ahh, the sweet return of singer Jesse Leach to the thunderous sounds
of Killswitch Engage again, it cannot get much better than that.  It does not, for the most part anyways.  The first single released from this album, due out April 2nd, 2013, is called "In Due Time".  The song is tolerable, not one of my favorites at all, but it showcases the band's readiness for Jesse and their steadiness as a true metal powerhouse.  The album is also being released as a special edition, featuring a DVD and about four bonus tracks to throw in.  If I were you, I would go straight digital on this album, such as I-Tunes, mainly because the bonus DVD is just a documentary-type, or a behind the scenes version.  Now, if you are a huge KSE fan, go ahead, you'll know what you want.  Going digital will enable you to grab those bonus cuts as well, or just the good tracks.  Speaking of which, I'd like to give you my favorite song from the album.  The hard-hitting, pulse racing, in your face track titled, "You Don't Bleed For Me", is by far my favorite off this record.  It is one incredible cut.  If I had to pick another song as my favorite, I would go with the second song on the album, one called, "Beyond The Flames".  It's more in the style of their album, AS DAYLIGHT DIES, and it's a pretty solid track to reckon with.  Overall, a pretty solid release, just nothing to boast too much about, and be first in line to grab a copy.  There'll be plenty available online :)
RATING: 8/10
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"In Due Time" Video
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment